No announcement yet.

Anthony Mundine Retains Title, Decisions Nievas

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anthony Mundine Retains Title, Decisions Nievas

absolutely punished him. a 12 round clinic. scores of 120 - 108 119 - 108 and 119-109

nievas was never going to put up a fight but he showed a huge heart in taking 12 rounds of extreme punishment.

mundine showed off his awesome speed and highly elusive defense.

mundine clearly in the top 3 SMWs in the world.

**** hey.. i thought id at least get a kessler fanboy telling me mundine was a bum.

o well.

Comment

hehehe. I guess no1s interest in mundine yet. but in time they will. People r just soooooo obsess with pbf n we just gota deal with it, coz his da top dog now.

But seriously, they take it to a whole new level with this obsession.

Anywayz, mundine's next opponent should be kessler or joe. That should b an awesome fight.

Comment

well he is kessler's mandatory so if kessler beats calzag.. mundine should be in line for a shot at a whole cupboard full of belts.

Comment

Mundine isn't good enough to beat Calzaghe or Kessler. Mundine can look good fighting bums, but he isn't a legitimate threat to the top two.

Comment

i think the top two should go in favourite but i think mundine is clearly next in line. definitely have a look at this fight if you get a chance.. i trust you saw his demolition of soliman?

Comment

Anthony Mundine Retains Title, Decisions Nievas

WBA super middleweight world champion- Mundine Anthony ‘The Man’ Mundine has defended his World Boxing Association (WBA) super middleweight world title with a unanimous point’s decision victory over Argentine Pablo Daniel Zamora Nievas at the Gold Coast Convention Centre.
              [details]

Comment

Mundine is good bu thats it. Joe and mikkel would school him with ease and jeff when he returns would proberly put muindine on his back if jeff ever gets back to the way he was. I think if mundine could put on the weight correctly he should move up to 175 as there arnt to many hard fights for him and maybe with tarver, roy jones and glen johnson getting old he may win a title. Unless he fights chad dawson.

Comment

Originally posted by mgkirkpatrick View Post
                  i think the top two should go in favourite but i think mundine is clearly next in line. definitely have a look at this fight if you get a chance.. i trust you saw his demolition of soliman?
                  He looked decent against Soliman.

However you can't realy praise him too highly for the fight today, he fought a complete stiff and failed to put him away.

Comment

Originally posted by No1 View Post
                    Mundine is good bu thats it. Joe and mikkel would school him with ease and jeff when he returns would proberly put muindine on his back if jeff ever gets back to the way he was. I think if mundine could put on the weight correctly he should move up to 175 as there arnt to many hard fights for him and maybe with tarver, roy jones and glen johnson getting old he may win a title. Unless he fights chad dawson.
                    you're obviously american mundine would destroy lacy and the talent pool isnt soooo bad at lhw just a little more international flavour. if anything mundine should move down to middleweight.

Originally posted by !!! Beowulf !!! View Post
                    He looked decent against Soliman.

However you can't realy praise him too highly for the fight today, he fought a complete stiff and failed to put him away.
                    this is true. i wont get too carried away. i just see the fight as another positive performance from a guy who is improving all the time. i was frustrated that mundine didnt put him away but alot of people feel he wanted the rounds and carried nievas somewhat. i dont buy this completely but he did leave off the throttle on a couple of occasions when nievas was on his way out.

since the kessler loss mundine has beaten soliman knocking him down 4 times and knocking him out in the ninth.. soliman who lost a very close decision to winky. he won a 120-108 win against danny green... a guy who was ranked 5 by the ring magazine at the time.. i hope alot of you guys take into account his improvements before you cast him aside.

Comment

Working...
                    X