No announcement yet.

Griffin, Franklin Win in UFC 72 Bouts

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Griffin, Franklin Win in UFC 72 Bouts

BELFAST, Northern Ireland -- Forrest Griffin and Rich Franklin had to work for their victories Saturday at Odyssey Arena in UFC 72. [details]

there were some great fights on that card.

Comment

Some of the fights were good on this card but it missed a main event.The Franklin bout just didnt have that main event feel.

Comment

Originally posted by number6 View Post
        Some of the fights were good on this card but it missed a main event.The Franklin bout just didnt have that main event feel.
        How did Forrest Griffen look? Was he going balls to the wall like he usually does or did he play it cautious.

Comment

Originally posted by IncuFan View Post
          How did Forrest Griffen look? Was he going balls to the wall like he usually does or did he play it cautious.
          I would say he was more cautious than usual.
          First 2 rounds his striking was accurate and he even looked the stronger man,but i dont think he was completely going for the finish.Third round he got took down and almost subed with a Kimura ,Okami gave him hell for the last few mins on the floor but Franklin managed to get through it.
          The decision was a fair one,Okami just did too little too late.If he would have gone for it early he would have took Franklin imo.

Comment

Originally posted by IncuFan View Post
            Sorry mate misread your post,Forrest was more controlled and cautious than usual.He got taged in the first and from then on he made good use of his reach advantage and outstruck his opponent at range.It was one of his best performances though,he put some good combo's together and made good use of leg kicks.Looked like a new fighter alltogether.

Comment

training with couture has helped forrest out it seems

Comment

Originally posted by the giant one View Post
                training with couture has helped forrest out it seems
                I think so,it seemed like he listened to his corner and followed their instructions rather than going gung ho.

Comment

i thought forest g. looked good, franklin looked ok. who thinks franklin will beat silva in the rematch? im not to sure about franklin.

Comment

Originally posted by number6 View Post
                    I think so,it seemed like he listened to his corner and followed their instructions rather than going gung ho.
                    That's cool that he was more controlled. I liked his gung ho style, but that caught with him, so I respect him in trying something different in order for his career to be longer, but I know he'll bust out with another exciting fight sometime.

Comment

Working...
                    X