No announcement yet.

Cotto vs. Judah - Good For Boxing

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cotto vs. Judah - Good For Boxing

By Bill Calogaro - Miguel Cotto stopped Zab Judah in the eleventh round retaining his WBA Welterweight Title. The bout was broadcast live from Madison Square Garden in New York City on HBO’s PPV. This fight was well worth the money.
    [details]

It was great for boxing....problem is your avg joe missed it.Especially after Floyd and DLHs **** fight they were'nt buying this and it turned out to be not just the fight but the CARD that could have saved or changed boxing as some would say.....sucks because if thus **** got more exsposure it could have swayed the masses.

Comment

Originally posted by RAESAAD View Post
      It was great for boxing....problem is your avg joe missed it.Especially after Floyd and DLHs **** fight they were'nt buying this and it turned out to be not just the fight but the CARD that could have saved or changed boxing as some would say.....sucks because if thus **** got more exsposure it could have swayed the masses.
      THis is all true. Much better fight action, a little drama with those low blows, some blood. It's a shame the average punter missed this one. I'm very glade it wasn't another delahoya mayweather for the sake of Boxing fans. Funny that HBO didn't really give this one the hype treatment, the page for the event on their website was only update 2 times the entire time.

Comment

It was definitely a good fight for boxing. Blood, cuts, KD's, and some drama with the low blows, it's what we want as boxing fans most of the time. Im glad I bought it and hope other come close to this one.

I agree with Bill in the article about Yuri and Thompson. Thompson was robbed and Yuri held and ran the whole fight and should have never gotten the decision. It was the only blemish on the night.

Comment

Working...
        X