No announcement yet.

The Story of Mike Marrone and Lou Duva

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Story of Mike Marrone and Lou Duva

New York — It is a story made for a Hollywood script. The bratty kid, just nine years old, comes to the boxing gym every day, badgering the Hall of Fame trainer for a chance to be involved in the fight game. The trainer embraces the youngster’s passion for boxing even though he is not yet a teenager. The relationship is forged, and 10 years later, the kid becomes a heavyweight contender. [details]

I don't know what to make of this hw prospect..I've seen a couple of his fights a year or two ago and was mildly impressed. Has anyone seen any of his recent fights? Is he a prospect worth scouting?

Comment

He's being moved along more carefully than my great great granny down at the nursing home

Comment

Originally posted by SquareCircle View Post
        He's being moved along more carefully than my great great granny down at the nursing home
        I suspect you're right Square circle...If and when Marrone gets past undefeated 15-0 Malachy Farell, then he should fight this other undefeated hw prospect. His name is Alexander Povetkin and he's only 11-0.

Comment

Originally posted by BostonGuy View Post
          I don't know what to make of this hw prospect..I've seen a couple of his fights a year or two ago and was mildly impressed. Has anyone seen any of his recent fights? Is he a prospect worth scouting?

I saw his first and last appearance on FNF. Both were equally unimpressive. Marrone has as much or more experience in the gym as Mike Tyson at the same age, but less than half as much skill. Of course being trained or managed by those haywire Duva's was never good for anybody's career, nevertheless Marrone should at least look better than he does. I seriously doubt this kid is going anywhere in boxing.

PS. Povetkin will eat him for breakfast.

Comment

Working...
          X