No announcement yet.

K2: "Vitali Focused on Maskaev-Peter Winner"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• K2: "Vitali Focused on Maskaev-Peter Winner"

New York - K2 Promotions confirmed today that an agreement was not able to be reached between all of the parties involved in trying to secure an immediate world heavyweight championship fight between Vitali Klitschko and Oleg Maskaev. [details]

Good I think most people want to see Klitschko Peter instead anyways and now the haters wont be saying that Vitali was trying to fight the easiest fighter to get the title back, I cant imagine if Maskaev beats Peter that would be something..

Comment

I got Peter by a big KO, and then Vitali will be in deep waters with the inactivity against the Lion of the division. Of course, if Wladimir could handle Peter, you;d have to imagine Vitali also having his number. But with the inactivity, you never know.

And props to the sanctioning bodies who resisted the temptation to leave Peter in the cold. Peter earned his title shot and wasn't trying to accept any step-aside money.

Comment

The article sounds as though he's just getting ready for this fight(winner of Maskaev-Peter). Question: Is he planning to fight a tune-up?

Comment

Originally posted by Leo Pradun View Post
          Good I think most people want to see Klitschko Peter instead anyways and now the haters wont be saying that Vitali was trying to fight the easiest fighter to get the title back, I cant imagine if Maskaev beats Peter that would be something..
          the haters will always find something,,,lol. now Im sure its that he's ducking maskeav

Comment

Originally posted by Asian Sensation View Post
            I got Peter by a big KO, and then Vitali will be in deep waters with the inactivity against the Lion of the division. Of course, if Wladimir could handle Peter, you;d have to imagine Vitali also having his number. But with the inactivity, you never know.

And props to the sanctioning bodies who resisted the temptation to leave Peter in the cold. Peter earned his title shot and wasn't trying to accept any step-aside money.
            Im not totally convinced maskeav is such an easy fight for peter. peter is yet to be able to stop a class B or above fighter. maskeav is better than anyone peter has knocked out. sure,,,,,you could say maskeav was knocked out by k johnson,,corey sanders and lance whitaker all of whom dont hit as hard as peter but they all happened in successive fights at a time where maskeav seemed to have lost his confidence and interest in the sport. he seems to have rebounded. I still think peter stops makseav but I think its a more difficult fight for peter then many think. fwiw,,,I agree with you on vitali vs peter. 2 or 3 yrs ago I think vitali would easilly defeat peter but being inactive for so long will ensure that his timing and reflexes will likely be off and this could prove dangerous against a young strong determined guy like peter. I'd still lean toward vitali but I will be watching nervously without a doubt if they do indeed fight

Comment

Originally posted by beez721 View Post
              Im not totally convinced maskeav is such an easy fight for peter. peter is yet to be able to stop a class B or above fighter. maskeav is better than anyone peter has knocked out. sure,,,,,you could say maskeav was knocked out by k johnson,,corey sanders and lance whitaker all of whom dont hit as hard as peter but they all happened in successive fights at a time where maskeav seemed to have lost his confidence and interest in the sport. he seems to have rebounded. I still think peter stops makseav but I think its a more difficult fight for peter then many think. fwiw,,,I agree with you on vitali vs peter. 2 or 3 yrs ago I think vitali would easilly defeat peter but being inactive for so long will ensure that his timing and reflexes will likely be off and this could prove dangerous against a young strong determined guy like peter. I'd still lean toward vitali but I will be watching nervously without a doubt if they do indeed fight
              I think it will be a tough fight because Peter isn't the smooth technician of a Kirk Johnson. My opinion of Maskaev hasn't really changed since he made his comeback. He beat a Rahman that he had already KO'ed and wasn't that much of a fighter. Then he went and beat Okhello, who I have never heard of. I really do see Maskaev as being very fragile with his age and injuries. I think the biggest loser in this deal is Maskaev, who will miss out on a huge payday as a result of boxing finding it's scruples.

Comment

Vitali was going to fight for a third of the earnings that Maskaev would have made on the fight, and we all know he is the biggest draw along with his brother. This is just a smart business decision on Vitalis part hes doesnt have to throw out step aside money and still is guranteed a shot at the title

Comment

Hell ya thats goin to be clash maskev V Peter, and the winner takin on V.Klit i think Maskev v Peter is goin be a slugfest alone wit Maskev hittin the floor atleast 4 times......... As for Klit V Peter dats a hard 1 to call at this point but i know it wont last very long or atleast the whole fight!

Comment

One thing is certain, every fight lasts the whole fight. IN fact no fight has ever been over before the end.

Comment

Working...
                    X