No announcement yet.

The Lonley Quest of Evander Holyfield

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Lonley Quest of Evander Holyfield

While much of the world's attention last weekend was settled upon the fantastic bout between Marco Antonio Barrera and Juan Manuel Marquez, former four-time heavyweight champ Evander Holyfield was continuing his climb up the heavyweight ladder by beating up on Vinny Maddalone for three rounds in Texas. [details]

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
    While much of the world's attention last weekend was settled upon the fantastic bout between Marco Antonio Barrera and Juan Manuel Marquez, former four-time heavyweight champ Evander Holyfield was continuing his climb up the heavyweight ladder by beating up on Vinny Maddalone for three rounds in Texas. [details]
    Im happy for Evander... People always underestimate him and say hes over but time and time again he always comes in a fight and prouves everyone wrong. I just cant wait till Holyfield catchs the belt for a 5th time to shut all of you trash talking morons up.

Evander is either going to lay ou Oleg or Briggs... Maybe even the slow punching Russian giant!

Comment

Quest to what, fighting FireFighters?

Maskaev could have been an option, but that belt's got Klitschko and Peter all over it, so Holy can kiss WBC good-bye

Wlad / Valuev - I don't think an under 220lb, 44 year old Holyfiled can go against a current #1 HW fighter (no chance) nor against a 7"+ giant.

His only chance is against Briggs/Sultan and maybe Chagaev shall he beat Valuev.

But the ageing asthma Briggs is his best chance IMO

Comment

Originally posted by !! Mr. Soprano View Post
        Quest to what, fighting FireFighters?

Maskaev could have been an option, but that belt's got Klitschko and Peter all over it, so Holy can kiss WBC good-bye

Wlad / Valuev - I don't think an under 220lb, 44 year old Holyfiled can go against a current #1 HW fighter (no chance) nor against a 7"+ giant.

His only chance is against Briggs/Sultan and maybe Chagaev shall he beat Valuev.

But the ageing asthma Briggs is his best chance IMO
        Yeah, you're pretty much spot on. However, the heavyweight division is in such a state that you just never know. Personally, (and probably the majority feel the same) i thought Holyfield should've retired (and stayed retired) a long time ago.

Comment

Originally posted by Franko View Post
          Yeah, you're pretty much spot on. However, the heavyweight division is in such a state that you just never know. Personally, (and probably the majority feel the same) i thought Holyfield should've retired (and stayed retired) a long time ago.

Well... He is a tad old for boxing lol... But I still think he has what it takes to get anyone one of those belts for a 5th time.

Comment

Originally posted by MamaDuck View Post
            Well... He is a tad old for boxing lol... But I still think he has what it takes to get anyone one of those belts for a 5th time.
            We'll only know for sure when he takes a step back up in the quality of opponent, but i'd hate to see him beaten badly against a guy who wouldn't have stood a chance against Holyfield in his prime.

Comment

Working...
            X