No announcement yet.

Top 25 Heavyweights - March Edition

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Top 25 Heavyweights - March Edition

Obviously we did not have a set of ratings out last month due to the fact that I’m out of the country. Look for the ratings to come out every couple of months until the end of the year.

The numerous silly forced rematches (Peter-Toney II), mandatories (Klitschko-Austin), eliminators (Ruiz-Chagaev), and optionals (Maskaev-Okhello), obscure some possible top matches such as Klitschko-Peter II. Perhaps young Samuel will consider leaving the WBC’s madness behind and go for the gold against the world’s top heavyweight.

Numerous changes this month and surely some controversy will ensue. Obviously Audley Harrison falls out of the top 25 after falling on his face against journeyman Michael Sprott. [details]

Yeah it's really nothing special ranking the division. I think it's good enough to say Wlad is #1 and the next best contender to him is Peter.

From 3 to infinity it's really just a coin toss with maybe a Valuev at the head of the pack. I'd favor Maskaev and Briggs over both Sultans, Briggs over Valuev, etc. I don't think anyone can beat Peter except for Wlad and vice versa.

Never pay again for live ***! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Comment

austin (sucks) brewster (hasnt fought in a year) and tua (sucks, dodging good opponents) all these guys ahead of tony thompson who had two impressive wins over contenders last year........... equals crap list

thompson should be ahead of all these guys without question

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
        Numerous changes this month and surely some controversy will ensue. Obviously Audley Harrison falls out of the top 25 after falling on his face against journeyman Michael Sprott. [details]
        The term journeyman is used far too freely in my opinion. Sprott has beaten Danny Williams, Audley Harrison, Pele Reid, Mark Potter, Timo Hoffman and has gone to Germany and beaten then undefeated Rene Dottweiler and Cegniz Koc. He also pushed Matt Skelton, Vladimir Virchis, Paolo Vidoz and Ruslan Chagaev pretty hard.

Comment

This guy has it right on the nose. I'm amazed by how much I agree with that list, down to the smallest detail.

Comment

Why is everyone looking for Wlad to fight Peter? He already did that and defeated him. I would rather watch him fight Valuev, Brewster, or Briggs. Peter had his chance and blew it. Let it go...

Comment

I'd rather Peter not fight Wlad yet either. That's a tough fight for him and he needs a breakthrough win over Valuev or Maskaev (which he'd get IMO) to really get the attention he deserves. Let the Wlad vs. Peter fight be for the title unification match, for THE UNDISPUTED HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP OF THE WORLD and it would be a PPV worth selling. Think about it...heavyweight title unification AND a revenge match for Peter all in one.

This is a big money fight, but only as a title unification match. Now obviously that's easier said than done as King provides the proverbial monkeywrench to the cogs of these dreams of mine.

A unified champion, especially someone exciting like Peter or Wlad, could bring boxing back. Or at least get it so it's head is above water. Something needs to be done fast though, because I don't think boxing's seen worse times since it was legalized.
              Last edited by Kid Achilles; 03-13-2007, 03:13 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by boxing2005 View Post
                Why is everyone looking for Wlad to fight Peter? He already did that and defeated him. I would rather watch him fight Valuev, Brewster, or Briggs. Peter had his chance and blew it. Let it go...

These guys will probably fight twice more before it's all said and done. Peter is not going away, and as long as Wlad stays on top Peter will be right behind looking at him.

Comment

Originally posted by kayjay View Post
                  These guys will probably fight twice more before it's all said and done. Peter is not going away, and as long as Wlad stays on top Peter will be right behind looking at him.

i pointed this out yesterday, along with the fact that i believe wlad took the first peter fight knowing that he was his only true competition in the division and it was the best opprutunity to get a leg up on an inexperienced fighter

wlad would probably prefer to fight peter again sooner than later cause peter is rapidly improving but prone to bouts of laziness after significant wins... if wlad beats peter a second time there will be absolutely no reason for them to fight a third time unless peter has a belt(s)

Comment

Originally posted by Kid Achilles View Post
                    This guy has it right on the nose. I'm amazed by how much I agree with that list, down to the smallest detail.
                    you agree that tua, brewster and austin... 3 guys who have accomplished essentially nothing in the past year should be rated ahead of tony thompson who easily defeated two opponents superior to anyone the 3 aforementioned fighters have beaten???

thats just nuts!

brewster should actually have a fight if he is going to be ranked, once youve gone a year without a bout you do not deserve to be ranked...

if lamon belongs on this list than vitali klitschko should be at number 2 cause he is actually gonna fight for the WBC title, while brewster will fight some sorry ass chump who has no chance of beating him

Comment

Working...
                    X