No announcement yet.

Evander Holyfield Speaks on Steroid Allegations

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Evander Holyfield Speaks on Steroid Allegations

I am disturbed about potential damage to my hard-won reputation as a result of allegations in recent news reports concerning performance-enhancing substances. While nobody has directly accused me of anything, the implications in many of these stories are obvious and unmistakable, and I'm anxious to respond in detail. [details]

Even if I wasn't a big fan of Holyfield i'd have a hard time thinking that he used roids . It's just not very fitting of him as a person . If this was Tyson I would understand where it was all coming from but Holyfield has lived a clean life out side of adultery .

Comment

Originally posted by THE REAL NINJA View Post
      Even if I wasn't a big fan of Holyfield i'd have a hard time thinking that he used roids . It's just not very fitting of him as a person . If this was Tyson I would understand where it was all coming from but Holyfield has lived a clean life out side of adultery .
      he's lived a clean life outside of adultery? how do you know this? its as obvious as day he's used steroids. I knew this before all this stuff even came out

Comment

Originally posted by beez721 View Post
        he's lived a clean life outside of adultery? how do you know this? its as obvious as day he's used steroids. I knew this before all this stuff even came out
        I men't that you never hear of him being in any trouble and has no known drug problems or any other legal problems for that matter . Why is it as clear as day ? How did you know ?

Comment

I wouldn't equate steroid use with having bad character or being a shady personality. I think a lot of clean living guys would use steroids if they had millions of dollars in future potential earnings on the line every time they laced up the gloves.

Comment

Originally posted by THE REAL NINJA View Post
            I men't that you never hear of him being in any trouble and has no known drug problems or any other legal problems for that matter . Why is it as clear as day ? How did you know ?
            Ive said why in the million other threads on the subject. he gained 20 lbs of pure muscle in less than a year which isnt possible without roids. he also was trained by a known steroid abuser lee haney.

Comment

Originally posted by beez721 View Post
              Ive said why in the million other threads on the subject. he gained 20 lbs of pure muscle in less than a year which isnt possible without roids. he also was trained by a known steroid abuser lee haney.
              So you are guilty by association?

What about Hatton training with Kerry Kayes?
              I may be wrong, but doesnt' Kayes train bodybuilders, and is friends with Dorian Yates?

Everybody is different with genetics. If you are not at your peak weight, it isn't hard to put on a good amount of muscle in 1 year. Everybody's testosterone level, growth hormone level, etc. ranges are different/vary.

I am not saying Holyfield was or wasn't, but unless you are 100% positive, you can't say he absolutely was.

What makes him on them, because he is built and ripped?

I will show you pictures of "natural" bodybuilders that are just as big.

Comment

am disturbed about potential damage to my hard-won reputation as a result of allegations in recent news reports concerning performance-enhancing substances. While nobody has directly accused me of anything, the implications in many of these stories are obvious and unmistakable
                Well releasing press releases won't help Holyfield's cause. Doing so will make more people doubtfull and will most probably interpret that action as being defensice action deriving from guilt.

If he's really innocent why don't he file charges against those people who implicated him, especially the writter who specifically put his name in print?

Comment

Originally posted by Kid Achilles View Post
                  I wouldn't equate steroid use with having bad character or being a shady personality. I think a lot of clean living guys would use steroids if they had millions of dollars in future potential earnings on the line every time they laced up the gloves.
                  True I guess I was being a little unfair but you do understand that it would be less of a surpriseif he had those characteristics . Too much speculation is going on 20lbs of muscle in a year is not out of the realm of possibility, rather it is about peek human potential.Innocent until proven guilty .

Comment

Originally posted by Benny Leonard View Post
                    So you are guilty by association?

What about Hatton training with Kerry Kayes?
                    I may be wrong, but doesnt' Kayes train bodybuilders, and is friends with Dorian Yates?

Everybody is different with genetics. If you are not at your peak weight, it isn't hard to put on a good amount of muscle in 1 year. Everybody's testosterone level, growth hormone level, etc. ranges are different/vary.

I am not saying Holyfield was or wasn't, but unless you are 100% positive, you can't say he absolutely was.

What makes him on them, because he is built and ripped?

I will show you pictures of "natural" bodybuilders that are just as big.
                    you seemed to have missed what I said. you cant gain 20 lbs of pure muscle in less than a year. period. him being trained by a known steroid abuser isnt the crux of it

Comment

Working...
                    X