No announcement yet.

Casamayor Statement on Being Stripped

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Casamayor Statement on Being Stripped

Santa Barbara Management strongly disagrees with the decision of the WBC to strip Joel Casamayor of his Lightweight Championship. Joel won his title the way a true champion should, in the ring. He has done nothing to justify this outrageous decision by the WBC and we are considering all of our options, legal or otherwise. Joel and everyone at Santa Barbara Management would like to thank all of the fans and others within the boxing community who have phoned and emailed us to show their support. [details]

Well at least most around here know and agree he is the Ring champ and the legit champ at the time being.

Comment

Why did they strip him again?

Comment

whats this news that freitas is going to faced juan diaz.

Comment

****, that sucks he got stripped. boxrec has casamayor slated to fight juan diaz on 3-3. I know that sites pretty unreliable but with the fight supposedly just 9 days away it seems like it may be true.

Comment

Originally posted by baserocks View Post
            ****, that sucks he got stripped. boxrec has casamayor slated to fight juan diaz on 3-3. I know that sites pretty unreliable but with the fight supposedly just 9 days away it seems like it may be true.
            i just noticed that they dont even have a venue listed though and i havent heard it reported so who the **** knows what thats about.

Comment

****! Sulaiman strikes again!

And then what? They're gonna award the belt to somebody of their liking?

What's the whole story on this, anybody?

Comment

Originally posted by psychopath View Post

it appears that David Diaz is now champ, he was the interim and hes listed as champ on the WBC website.

http://www.wbcboxing.com/WBCboxing/P...cid&sortby=ASC

Comment

Originally posted by baserocks View Post
                  it appears that David Diaz is now champ, he was the interim and hes listed as champ on the WBC website.

http://www.wbcboxing.com/WBCboxing/P...cid&sortby=ASC
                  Yup it looks like it, but my question is the story behind Casa being stripped of the title. On what grounds?

Comment

Originally posted by psychopath View Post

i think they wanted Morales to win the title so he can achieve the 4 weight classes record....xd

i mean there was no way Morales could beat Casa, it would be Raheem 2 or worse
                    Last edited by -Hyperion-; 02-23-2007, 07:19 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X