No announcement yet.

Darchinyan Wants Winner of Marquez-Vazquez

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Darchinyan Wants Winner of Marquez-Vazquez

IBF/IBO flyweight world champion Vic Darchinyan is heading to the USA for his next world title defence on March 3 with a plan. But it is not just about beating Mexican challenger Victor Burgos in his next fight. The 31 year-old “Raging Bull” wants to challenge the winner of Rafael Marquez-****** Vazquez in the junior featherweight main event of the Showtime Championship Boxing card. It is the first step in his grand long-term plan of knocking off Manny Pacquiao. [details]

At 31, and with Pac not looking like he's staying in the game for much longer either, I don't know how much of a "long-term" plan Vic can afford to have, but I love the idea of him fighting the Vazquez-Marquez winner.

Jorge Arce needs to step up soon, too.

Comment

I like Vic alot, but I honestly do not think he could beat Vazquez or Marquez. Vic also failed to mention, that he was knocked down by an uppercut from Vazquez in their sparring session. But I can see Vic going up to 118 and having success, but 122 is his limit.

I think Vic will win by knockout, against Burgos.
      Last edited by alphaqfrankie; 02-20-2007, 10:37 AM.

Comment

It would be nice to see Vic vs. Arce,but I highly doubt a match between Vic and the winner of Marquez and Vasquez is likely to happen!!!

Comment

I cant wait to see this fight. Darchinian is an animal....I think he will probably win against either. But i think i have a biased opinion.

Comment

Wow Vic is talking big . . . really big this time.

I like this guy a lot, but I seriously doubt he can beat Vasquez or Rafa. These guys are just too heavy for him. Sparring is sparring and it's quite different when you mix it up with the bigger guys in a real match.

But I'll be excited to see this fight happen.

Against Pac? It's a fantasy fight for Vic, it's not gonna happen.

Comment

I guess Vic's lookin for that big payday like everyone else. It doesn't look like an Arce fight is an option, so I guess he's looking at other alternatives. I really like watchin him though, so unconventional but very effective.

Comment

Working...
              X