No announcement yet.

Gracie Beats Shamrock in EliteXC Debut Event

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gracie Beats Shamrock in EliteXC Debut Event

In the historic first EliteXC MMA event ever shown live on premium television, Renzo Gracie and Frank Shamrock capped an exciting night of fights at the DeSoto Civic Center in Southaven, Miss. Female MMA star Gina Carano demonstrated her prowess and mixed skills as she registered a crowd pleasing win over Julie Kedzie. A capacity crowd of 7,200 and many more watching from coast to coast on SHOWTIME witnessed the newest phenomenon in professional sports. [details]

This marked the begining and the end of MMA for free. After lasts night awful show there is NO WAY that Showtime can think that it can make this work on their chanel.

Looks like the MMA fans are going to have to keep forking out the PPV money.

Comment

i watched alittle of it,and the girls I liked

Comment

i fancied frank to win that one....

predicted he was gonna win by submission...

oh well!!!!!
        Last edited by fasman; 02-11-2007, 03:23 PM.

Comment

Darnget!!!! i was hopn frank was gonna win.....oh well.

Comment

Originally posted by mikefromstu View Post
            This marked the begining and the end of MMA for free. After lasts night awful show there is NO WAY that Showtime can think that it can make this work on their chanel.

I thoroughly enjoyed the show, especially the presentation of the background of the fighters, something I thought was missing from the UFC PPV from the perspective of a new fan...

Comment

Frank Shamrock's like a arrogant WWE villain,lol....clearly past his prime,should have never quit 7yrs ago when he beat tito ortiz,what a has been

Comment

Originally posted by jpboxer3 View Post
                Frank Shamrock's like a arrogant WWE villain,lol....clearly past his prime,should have never quit 7yrs ago when he beat tito ortiz,what a has been
                I haven't seen you post in ages. how have you been?

Comment

Originally posted by mikefromstu View Post

UFC 70 is gonna be free on HBO

Comment

Originally posted by the giant one View Post
                    UFC 70 is gonna be free on HBO
                    What did you think of the show, giant? I saw one bad review - from a 2-starred user. I actually, though I realized that some of the fighters had more 'L's than the week before, had more fun watching last night than Feb. 3. The commentary was weak in places, but I thought it was well-produced and intoduced me to some fighters I hadn't seen before.

We had a monster KO in the first fight
                    Two women in what I thought was a good fight
                    A complete domination in the third fight
                    A huge KO by a big dude in the fourth fight
                    And two guys with big names selling the main event

I was pleased with the show, to say the least...

Comment

Working...
                    X