No announcement yet.

Dawson Passes Class, Peter is Left Back

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dawson Passes Class, Peter is Left Back

Last weekend, a new American boxing hero may have been born. No one should ever use one fight as a measuring stick of greatness, but Dawson's victory over Tomasz Adamek showed a young fighter with the potential of being something special. For twenty-nine minutes, Dawson put on a boxing clinic. [details]

Call me crazy, but I think having Oleg Maskaev fight Vitali Klitschko would be great for boxing.

Comment

Peter wants a championship bout - not money.
      In as much as I want Peter to fight Maskaev first it's just foolish to decline the offer of $2.5 Mil just to step aside for the moment. HE's got an airtight asurance that he's gonna fight the winner anyway. All he has to do is wait for about 4 months and he'll get his championship bout witha guaranteed purse of another $3 Mil. is that bad?

The only problem I can forsee is probably Peter is not so sure if he can beat Vtali, if he wins which is most likely.

Comment

peter deserves the shot at the title, its garbage what is happening to him right now.

Comment

How can I contact, Tom Donelson, the guy who wrote the article?

I just have a correction for the line where he talks about Dawson catching Ademak and sending him to the ground.

Anyone who was watching the fight could clearly see Dawsons foot was behind Ademaks and caused him to trip and it was not at all a legitimate knockdown. I just don't like the way this writer worded that, it's inaccurate at best.

The only legitimate knockdown of the fight was when Dawson got floored. I would have liked to see a 15 rounder here, because Dawson never really got his legs back and was running the rest of the fight, would have been nice to see if Adamek could get to him.

Comment

Working...
          X