No announcement yet.

Margarito's Decision on WBO Title Coming Friday

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Margarito's Decision on WBO Title Coming Friday

Earlier today, Francisco Espinoza, who is part of Antonio Margarito’s management team, spoke to BoxingScene.com regarding the recent reports of his charge’s decision to vacate the WBO 147-pound title.
    [details]

No doubt people will start to claim Margarito is ducking Williams. But reading the statement, it seems reasonable and logical what this dude is saying.

Comment

Originally posted by medium-deek View Post
      No doubt people will start to claim Margarito is ducking Williams. But reading the statement, it seems reasonable and logical what this dude is saying.

Reason and logic are things that most people feel usually do not apply in these types of situations... Ridiculous...

Comment

I don't see the logic at all. He should fight Williams, silence the critics and then fight Cotto in a unification bout for way more money.

Comment

The only reason they have now decided to think it over is because the Williams fight is a bigger payday than the Cotto fight by just a bit...

Comment

There' no otherway to call it dude. He is indeed "DUCKING" Williams, at least for now. But I myself said that it's just a logical move.

Williams is a very talented fighter and a dangerous opponent at that, but what is his status now? He is merely a contender. And who is Williams compared to Cotto in terms of stature? That should explain it.

Margarito is 50/50 against Wiliams and so with Cotto.

Comment

Both Cotto and Williams are credible opponants. Both big name opponants. Tough mofos. So, does Margarito not fighting Williams for the moment really matter? I dont think so.

Comment

Originally posted by gerardofpr View Post
                I don't see the logic at all. He should fight Williams, silence the critics and then fight Cotto in a unification bout for way more money.
                Dude forget about logic. If Marg won't fight William before he fight Cotto that's an open admission from Marg that he's not confident he'll make it past William. And since Cotto is a bigger name he's not taking any risk to hamper his bid to fight him.

Comment

Originally posted by psychopath View Post
                  Dude forget about logic. If Marg won't fight William before he fight Cotto that's an open admission from Marg that he's not confident he'll make it past William. And since Cotto is a bigger name he's not taking any risk to hamper his bid to fight him.
                  i think paul williams should just relax neither fighter are not going to die marg or cotto thier time will come against him hopefully

Comment

It's a big risk taking part in a professional fight. Every fighter knows that they may not make it out of the ring, they may get injured, their prospective opponent may get injured, they may miss the boat. If someone brings more to the table you fight them first if you possibly can, to minimise the risk of losing out on the opportunity.

Comment

Working...
                    X