Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is “No” to Floyd Meayweather Sr., Mean "Yes" To Victory for Oscar De La Hoya?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is “No” to Floyd Meayweather Sr., Mean "Yes" To Victory for Oscar De La Hoya?

By the amount of press it receives, it’s clear that dysfunctional family behavior qualifies as light entertainment to many people. Just last week, former Canadian middleweight champion Alex Hilton, very much out of his mind on one substance or another, wandered into a convenience store in Montreal, Quebec, accompanied by a baseball bat. He wasn’t there to ask for directions.

But from such local tabloid tear-aways as the “Fighting Hilton’s,” we turn our attentions to another dysfunctional family much more relevant in today’s game.

The estranged relationships in the Mayweather clan have engulfed the Internet boxing media of late. Conspiracy theories and debates over personal ethics in the matter of Floyd Mayweather, Sr. training Oscar de la Hoya to pulverize Mayweather, Jr. have overshadowed the fact that this fight is perhaps the most lucrative, and therefore one of the most important events in boxing history.

The notion of the father versus the son made an interesting side note at first. But as the seriousness of the situation became apparent, the more tasteless and unsettling it seemed. The Internet media devoured statements from both sides, as Mayweather, Sr. issued warnings to Mayweather, Jr. not to stray onto his father’s territory. Mayweather, Jr. ignored the warnings and went on to discredit his father’s own fighting career. [details]

i like this quote
    "Oscar de la Hoya can beat Floyd Mayweather, Jr. without whatever secret formula Mayweather, Sr. claims to have in his keep. The one thing that separates De La Hoya is that he has sacrificed himself in ways that Mayweather, Jr. dare not. He has proven that his currency is not money, but glory, and if his hunger aches as it once did, no amount of speed or technical subtlety will keep him from forcing Mayweather, Jr. to fight"

DHL has balls with the money he already has stacked-up he doesn't need to fight anymore why does he do it ?
    DHl loves boxing and he is daring PBF to step to the right with him,
    DHL was waiting for this fight and i think it will be less risky then whe he fought mayorga, we are still waiting to see who will train DHL,
    IMO i like F.roach more than E. steward he has been to critical

Comment

haha hell naw, listen ODLH is a money hungery ***** plain and simple whats 2 mil from 20 mil he already is the underdog atleast in my book and by not payin Sr. what he wants and rightfully deserves i think for this fight, ODLH is makin a bad move

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
        By the amount of press it receives, it’s clear that dysfunctional family behavior qualifies as light entertainment to many people. Just last week, former Canadian middleweight champion Alex Hilton, very much out of his mind on one substance or another, wandered into a convenience store in Montreal, Quebec, accompanied by a baseball bat. He wasn’t there to ask for directions.
        Again? Is this the old story from last year or did he do the same thing again?

Cause I was just watching Deal Or No Deal and on Commercials I was reading an old Ring Magazine and it talked about it in there.

Comment

Originally posted by Piggu View Post
          Again? Is this the old story from last year or did he do the same thing again?

Cause I was just watching Deal Or No Deal and on Commercials I was reading an old Ring Magazine and it talked about it in there.
          He did it again, man. Crazy, huh?

Comment

Originally posted by Castillofan View Post
            He did it again, man. Crazy, huh?
            This isn't going to help his court case any.

Comment

Originally posted by GreatestIAM View Post
              haha hell naw, listen ODLH is a money hungery ***** plain and simple whats 2 mil from 20 mil he already is the underdog atleast in my book and by not payin Sr. what he wants and rightfully deserves i think for this fight, ODLH is makin a bad move
              Mayweather Snr training De La Hoya would've added to the intrigue of the fight, but it would've been a distraction, and a more than likely overwhelming one, therefore, why should De La Hoya pay what he would consider over the odds? There'd always be a slight doubt in the back of his mind whether Mayweather Snr would be 100% committed to the cause anyway, IMO at least. Freddie Roach would be a more than capable replacement.

Comment

2-million is 2-million bucks man... That is way too much money for a trainer... even 1-million was a lot of money and Sr. let that on the table... As for as ODLH being money hungry; that is why he has multiple means of making money in outside vested interest... The fighting, although not all for "God and Country" is primarily because he loves the challenge and loves to fight... Oscar could make millions fighting lesser guys but, since money is not the sole reason, he goes what he believes are the best challenges..

Comment

It's just ironic that the guy that has the most money (ODLH) has the chance to show the guy that cares only about money (PBF) that creating a legacy has nothing to do with money.

Comment

no trainer has ever gotten paid that much..its unheard of hes asking for too much!

Comment

Working...
                    X