No announcement yet.

Jorge “Travieso” Arce: Atop Boxing’s Evil Empire

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jorge “Travieso” Arce: Atop Boxing’s Evil Empire

“Boxing’s Evil Empire” is a term I use to refer to fighters that are beyond comprehension regarding their lust for pain and larger than life personas. There are few fighters throughout history that have had this kind of combination which qualify them for my own “River Bottom Nightmare Band” lineup. Fighters like Jake LaMotta, Mike Tyson, Roberto Duran, Julio Cesar Chavez, Jose Luis Castillo, Erik Morales and Arturo Gatti are but a few who have, at one time or another, topped my list of wickedness.

I know what you are thinking: “Where are guys like Micky Ward and every other tough-as-nails fighter? Why are they not on the aforementioned list?”

My answer to those questions is that although toughness is obviously a criterion, it is not the only one. The fighters on my list all had personalities that were larger than life at the time of their prominence. From alcoholism, to whore mongering, to just being such an incredible badass that their auras consumed the general public and elevated their mythical figure status.

At the present time, “The Empire” has a ruler who keeps the tradition intact by running his domain with an iron fist. His name: Jorge “Travieso” Arce.

Arce is as brutal and vicious inside the ring as he is entertaining and flamboyant outside of it. The Los Mochis, Sinaloa, Mexicans persona is of such magnitude that he has managed to garner the attention of boxing’s “Status Quo,” despite the fact that he weighs all of 115-pounds in the super flyweight division that is normally ignored. [details]

Arce is a brutal bastard... Saturday should be fun!

Comment

Arce said he had a huge surprise for everyone at the beggining of the fight and at the end. should be somewhat entertaining and fun. ,

Comment

His ring entrances are great.
        How he rides in on that bike and he does that bob and weave coming in through the ropes.

Comment

hes the best @ 115lbs...

Comment

Originally posted by Fighting Cougar View Post
            Arce said he had a huge surprise for everyone at the beggining of the fight and at the end. should be somewhat entertaining and fun. ,
            Arce understands that this is his time to start making some real money and is definately working on making the most of it...

Comment

Originally posted by Bonafide View Post
              His ring entrances are great.
              How he rides in on that bike and he does that bob and weave coming in through the ropes.
              The only reason he came on that bike was because they didnt let him come in on a horse! that would of been pretty crazy for Arce to come in a horse.

Comment

He's a trouble maker, that makes him fun to watch!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Sttuddahboy619 View Post
                  He's a trouble maker, that makes him fun to watch!!!
                  Agreed… Arce seems to be legitimate regarding his "Travieso" (English: Mischievous) moniker which makes him more appealing.

Comment

Arce is one of my favorite sub-Lightweight fighters.

Comment

Working...
                    X