No announcement yet.

No Russian Christmas For Nikolai Valuev

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No Russian Christmas For Nikolai Valuev

WBA heavyweight champion Nikolai Valuev is so focused on practice that he will find no time to celebrate Russian Christmas this weekend. "I need to shift my full concentration to the fight against McCline," the Russian Giant vowed. "I donīt have no time for any festivities right now. I have to get myself ready." [details]

Valuevs commitment to boxing is impressive. He's one of the hardest workers in the sport.

Comment

Originally posted by Kid Achilles View Post
      Valuevs commitment to boxing is impressive. He's one of the hardest workers in the sport.
      And just that goes to show what a horrible fighter he is. The only thing he has going for him is his size. He leans and drains opposition then runs across the ring and does hulk smash on them for the win. If he fights anyone who knows how to move and box he is gonna loose, I will say Wlad will even KO him, well maybe not, the way his head is shaped I think he could probabaly KO ****in aliens on mars the way he looks. No wonder we havn't had any other world contact, they think we still are in our primitive era...****ing evolution..

Comment

Originally posted by Zeroflip1 View Post
        And just that goes to show what a horrible fighter he is. The only thing he has going for him is his size. He leans and drains opposition then runs across the ring and does hulk smash on them for the win. If he fights anyone who knows how to move and box he is gonna loose, I will say Wlad will even KO him, well maybe not, the way his head is shaped I think he could probabaly KO ****in aliens on mars the way he looks. No wonder we havn't had any other world contact, they think we still are in our primitive era...****ing evolution..
        Haha, true.

Comment

Originally posted by Zeroflip1 View Post
          LOL, hulk smash..

Comment

Achilles, word of advise; don't buy into the hype(media reports) until you know that it's true or until you see the fighter in action and can tell that he's been working hard in the gymn. All too often, have I and others here at boxingscene been caught up in the hype about particular fighters working hard in the gymn and looking good in sparring only to be let down after watching them fight. Some notables include Tyson before the Mccbride debacle and every fight with James Toney in 2006.

Point, I'll buy into this Valuev hype after I see him hopefully KO Mccline later this month.

Comment

Valuev has always had the persona of a gymrat though, since he came into prominance as a top heavyweight anyway. He just seems like a humble hard worker who trains away from the nightclubs and focuses himself completely on boxing.

I'm not saying people who go to clubs can't be hard workers (Mayweather proves this wrong) but you can't knock Valuev's focus. He's not a flashy guy at all, he just wants to improve.

Comment

Valuev has always had the persona of a gymrat though, since he came into prominance as a top heavyweight anyway. He just seems like a humble hard worker who trains away from the nightclubs and focuses himself completely on boxing.

I'm not saying people who go to clubs can't be hard workers (Mayweather proves this wrong) but you can't knock Valuev's focus. He's not a flashy guy at all, he just wants to improve.
                cause he sucks

Comment

He's not a flashy guy at all, he just wants to improve.
                  he can play dumb all he wants he knows as well as i do that he is fighting bull**** opposition and shying away from real fights.... i dont think he would ever fight klitschko either

Comment

Working...
                  X