Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Top 25 Heavyweights (As of January, 2007)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Top 25 Heavyweights (As of January, 2007)

This month you’ll see only the top 25 and no list of guys on the fringes. As the new year unfolds we’ll revisit the fringes hopefully bring them back to the list.

The year ends with at least the possibility of a unification between Wladimir Klitschko and Oleg Maskaev. While I don’t think it is really necessary --- clearly Klitschko has proven himself above the rest of the field – it makes as much sense as any of the other p0ssible match-ups for the leader of the pack.

Early on in the year the Sam Peter – James Toney situation should (hopefully) resolve itself when the two meet again. Don’t expect either to miraculously achieve a svelte figure and thereby exceed all expectations. At any rate, both are worthy of watching.

The only significant change this month is the dropping of Danny Williams from the top 25. His devastating loss to Audley Harrison is likely the end of his time near the top. Harrison, on the other, moves into the number 25 slot and can climb significantly soon if he cleans the slate with Matt Skelton.

Once again my heavyweight team Brian Bizzack and Troy Ondrizek help interpret the data that comes in from around the globe and they have my praise and sincere thanks.

1. Wladimir Klitschko, Ukraine – IBF Champion (Last month #1) Hopefully the man who has proven he belongs at the top decides to take on Oleg Maskaev rather than a goofy IBF “mandatory.” Such a win would cement his place among the general public as the true champion. [details]
Working...
X