Frank Warren, promoter for heavyweight puncher Daniel Dubois, is looking to have his boxer challenge WBA "regular" champion Trevor Bryan next.
Earlier this week, Dubois' United States debut was officially announced.
Dubois will make his return on Sunday, August 29, at the Rocket Mortgage FieldHouse in Cleveland, Ohio.
The British boxer will face veteran Joe Cusumano (19-3, 17 KOs) as part of the Showtime Pay-Per-View undercard to Jake Paul's showdown with former UFC champion Tyron Woodley.
Should Dubois come away with his hand raised, Warren wants to get him in the ring with Bryan.
Dubois is the WBA's top rated heavyweight and holds the interim-title.
"I want him to fight for that WBA title against Trevor Bryan, I'd get that on in a heartbeat. He comes through this, that's the one I'd like to make," Warren told The Sun.
Bryan, 31, is promoted by Hall of Famer Don King - who is known for being difficult to negotiate with.
The WBA will eventually order a mandatory fight between Dubois and Bryan.
Another big fight for Dubois is a rematch with Olympic silver medal winner Joe Joyce, who Warren also promotes.
Back in November of last year, Joyce stopped Dubois in a high stakes battle.
But, Joyce is the WBO's next mandatory challenger and has his sights set on landing a world title shot in 2022.
Warren's plan is to keep his two heavyweights busy.
"Daniel, and Joe, they just need to stay busy. Because, at the end of the day, we have Joe at the No1 spot, Daniel is the WBA interim champion, just keep them busy," Warren said.
"And early next year, providing Tyson and Joshua come through their respected fights, if they both get it on, then it's going to open it all up. They're going to have to find people to fight and the people they have to fight are these guys.
"We just need to keep moving them forward and get them into positions where you're forcing the fights in as much as they're mandatory challengers."