UFC President Dana White is crossing his fingers that Oscar De La Hoya suffers a "vicious" knockout loss at the hands of former UFC champion Vitor Belfort.
The 48-year-old De La Hoya, the CEO of Golden Boy Promotions and a six division world champion, will face Belfort, 44, in a sanctioned boxing match on September 11 at Staples Center in Los Angeles.
Their bout will headline a pay-per-view event being staged by the Triller app.
White and De La Hoya had been feuding since 2017 - when De La Hoya was openly trashing the Floyd Mayweather vs. Conor McGregor pay-per-view - which White's company co-promoted with Mayweather Promotions and Showtime.
“I’m praying Vitor knocks this crackhead out – and viciously. [I hope he] viciously knocks him out," White said on The Pat McAfee Show.
The bout will be De La Hoya's first since getting stopped by Manny Pacquiao in December 2008.
Belfort is the naturally bigger man, but he's only had a single boxing match in his career - and that contest took place in 2006.
While White despises De La Hoya, he can't overlook his edge in experience and skill.
“As much as I can’t stand that dirt bag, De La Hoya is legit,” White said. “Back in the day when me and De La Hoya were cool, I actually was up in his camp. Just his jab could knock people out. De La Hoya in his prime was the real deal. This is a real fight between two real guys. I think that Vitor obviously has the power to KO him, but De La Hoya’s no joke, either.
“Hopefully all the coke sniffing and tequila drinking and whatever other sh!t that guy has been up to has caught up with him and Vitor lays one right on the big mouth of his and knocks him unconscious.”